This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] Make the partial DIE cache more robust
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, Elena Zannoni <ezannoni at redhat dot com>,Manoj Iyer <manjo at austin dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:49:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rfa] Make the partial DIE cache more robust
- References: <20050407142959.GA9927@nevyn.them.org> <20050408184839.GV14120@adacore.com>
On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:48:39AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > 2005-04-07 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
> > * dwarf2read.c (struct dwarf2_per_cu_data): Reduce length to
> > 30 bits. Add load_all_dies flag.
> > (load_partial_dies): Load all DIEs if per_cu->load_all_dies is set.
> > Load DW_TAG_member by default. Remove internal_error call.
> > (find_partial_die): Reload the compilation unit if we can not find
> > a DIE in the cache. Call internal_error here if we still can not
> > find the DIE.
> (I know I can't approve patches, but it looks great). If it helps, I can
> see if I can merge it into 6.3 and give it a swirl with our Ada compiler
> and our Ada examples, where this will likely be useful.
Please do - this should obsolete the changes you told me about a couple
of weeks ago.