This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[maint] New title for ``global write maintainer''?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:48:39 -0400
- Subject: [maint] New title for ``global write maintainer''?
- References: <3DB95391.firstname.lastname@example.org>
[Please reply to gdb@ and remove gdb-patches@]
[I sent this to the wrong list, replying with the lists adjusted]
The current ``global write maintainer'' title is something of a
misnomer. Unlike GCC, where a global write maintainer can an does
approve any patch, the GDB global write maintainers have an
understanding that they won't approve patches or directly make changes
in areas where there is already a maintainer.
Given the potential for confusion, I'm wondering anyone has a better
title? The only one I've come up with so far is ``Council of
Elders''(1) but apparently some countries don't treat their elders with
respect and, hence, the term takes on less than plesant connitations :-(
Another could be the Senate, ....