This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] more all-target -Werror patches
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Carlton <carlton at math dot stanford dot edu>,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:37:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rfa] more all-target -Werror patches
- References: <ro1adlyuo7v.fsf@jackfruit.Stanford.EDU> <3D99F827.B5579C75@redhat.com>
On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:31:51PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> David Carlton wrote:
> > Here are the last patches for getting GDB to build on my machine on
> > all targets with -Werror if appropriate.
> > OK to commit? The gdb_string ones are pretty obvious; I'm not sure
> > why GCC is issuing a warning on remote-sds.c that requires me to
> > insert a stray semicolon to quell it, but doing so shouldn't hurt
> > anything.
> I'm uneasy about inserting semi-random stuff just to quiet a compiler
> complaint that doesn't necessarily make sense (is the compiler wrong?)
> Certainly it should be documented if you do it, else someone later may
> take it out, not knowing what it's there for.
Well, it's right. Labels without any expression to label aren't legal
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer