This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: nrun.c patch
- To: Stephane Carrez <Stephane dot Carrez at worldnet dot fr>
- Subject: Re: nrun.c patch
- From: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:48:12 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: cagney at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200009100427.VAA27516@casey.transmeta.com><39BBADC1.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><39BBFE2C.28B6D825@worldnet.fr>
Stephane Carrez writes:
> I have two objections, your honor:
> - sim_info() is also called from gdb and the user has no way to control the
> flags (except at simulator creation time, ie target sim).
Why is this a problem?
> - several simulator (h8300, h8500, mcore, d10v, sh, w65) are printing statistics
> about insn or cpu cycles executed (and I'm doing the same for 68hc11).
> None of them are checking flags as you suggest.
I wouldn't use any of these ports to guide how things should work.
> Now, I just want/need a common way to enable/disable the simulator statistics.
So have _your_ sim_info check some flag (STATE_VERBOSE_P or whatever)
before printing anything out.
And we'll fix the other sims [assuming the behaviour of specifying
-v to get any output is required, which is a change from previous
behaviour for them, then we'll just do the same thing for them too].