Re: Patch for exception related optimization

   From: Manfred.Hollstein@ks.sel.alcatel.de
   Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:47:22 +0200 (MET DST)

   H.J. Lu just mentionened in the announcement of his binutils-2.9.1.0.13:

     Changes from binutils 2.9.1.0.11:

     1. Use the real fix from Ian for the exception frame optimization bug.

   I (actually my employer) don't want to switch to H.J.'s version on non
   Linux systems. Do  you have a patch available  that can be applied  to
   vanilla 2.9.1 sources?

As always, you can find development snapshots on ftp.cygnus.com in
private/gas.  This is probably the only interesting change to
gas/ehopt.c since the 2.9.1 release.

Note that I don't think the bug will ever occur on the i386.
H.J. found it on Alpha/Linux.

Ian