new lead on powerpc-rtems failure

I build one-tree style using a script to build up a src/ directory with
symbolic links to all the tool components.  In the old crossgcc
documentation, you got all the top level configure scripts from newlib.
After egcs 1.0 came out, you needed to switch to those in egcs.  Now it
appears that binutils has the newest configure scripts.

If I configure binutils 2.9 as "../binutils-2.9/configure
--target=powerpc-rtems", the -DSELECT_VEC is right.  If I do it based on
the symlink tree (../src/configure -target=powerpc-rtems), it is not
defined.

I am taking a break for lunch and will fix the script after lunch but
would appreciate any comments which might provide me some insight into
this.

Thanks for all the comments.  I just had to get the actual debugging of
this to the top of my list. :)

--joel