Re: gas-971208 mips64orion-rtems internal error

   Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 13:00:40 -0600 (CST)
   From: Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>

	   s.d     $f0,One

   which when assembled as follows:

   mips64orion-rtems-as -mcpu=4650 -v p1.s

   generates this error message:

   p1.s: Assembler messages:
   p1.s:23: Internal error!
   Assertion failure in macro_build at ../../src/gas/config/tc-mips.c line
   2365.
   Please report this bug.

Interesting.  Reporting the error in this manner is clearly a bug in
gas.

However, as far as I can tell, the input is not valid for the 4650.
The 4650 has only single precision floating point, which means that it
can not support the s.d instruction for a floating point register.  It
doesn't make any sense.

So I think there must be a compiler bug here as well.

I'll fix the bug in the assembler to report the error in a more
coherent fashion.

Ian