Re: binutils 2.8.1 problem compiling gcc-2.8.0-971206

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

>    Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:08:19 -0600 (CST)
>    From: Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>
>
>    I have been wondering whether the egcs and gcc 2.8 releases imply binutils
>    and newlib should have releases as well.  I know the as.new -> as-new
>    change is something which must be in sync for the one-tree build procedure
>    to work.
>
> Certainly there should be a binutils release.  Unfortunately, it's a
> question of available time to produce one.  I'll try to start the
> process soon.

I understand completely.  It is tough to get things to stabilize, find
time to test, and hope that the releases of multiple interdependent
packages happen close to one another.

I am trying to get an RTEMS release out the door now.  And gcc 2.8/egcs
1.0 are the first gcc releases with RTEMS support.

--joel