libiberty question

I think rtems needs to be treated like vxworks.  I added a
config/mt-rtems which had the following:

HDEFINES = -DNO_SYS_PARAM_H -DNO_SYS_FILE_H

The config/mt-vxworks5 file had the building of a vxconfig.h.  Could
someone explain it to me well enough so I can decide if I should build
something similar.  It builds with just the above line in the mt file, I
just wanted to know if I should be doing more.

--joel