-Bsymbolic is broken in ld

Hi,

I think -Bsymbolic in ld is broken. It doesn't work in most cases.
May I suggest one approach?

1. Remove all the old -Bsymbolic stuff, except for setting DT_SYMBOLIC.
2. Add the BSF_SYMBOLIC bit to the symbol flag in addition to
   BSF_GLOBAL, BSF_WEAK, BSF_LOCAL, ...
3. If the BSF_SYMBOLIC bit is set, the symbol is treated just
   like a local symbol.
3. When writing to the disk, clear the BSF_SYMBOLIC bit.

Ian, Eric, will that work? I really like to see -Bsymbolic get fixed.

Thanks a lot.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu)