Re: Add -N support to ELF?

   From: hjl@nynexst.com (H.J. Lu)
   Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 13:30:57 EST

   1. When -N is not used, if the sh_flags of the current section
      is not compatible with the p_flags of the current segment, start
      a new segment.

   2. When -N is used, behave just like the old way.

This seems reasonable in principle.  The trick is defining
``compatible'' is a useful fashion.  I have not been able to think of
a good definition, but I haven't thought about it all that much,
either.

   I can make the changes. But I don't think may changes will be
   acceptable to everyone :-(. Will a new field in bfd_link_info help?

A new field is not necessary.  Check the flags field of the output
field, and switch on the D_PAGED flag.  D_PAGED is set by default, and
turned off when -N (or -n) is used.  For example, the a.out backend
uses D_PAGED to determine whether the output file should be zmagic or
omagic.

Ian