bfd assertion fail in cofflink.c:1397 on aixps2

Hi,
I was trying the latest gas+binutils under aix ps/2 and I am getting
the following error from the new linker:

gcc -O -shlib -o nm.new nm.o  bucomm.o version.o filemode.o ../bfd/libbfd.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a
bfd assertion fail /minh/gnu/src/gas-941003/bfd/cofflink.c:1397

At the line 1397 of cofflink.c there is following code:

    BFD_ASSERT(auxp->x_file.x_n.x_offset >= STRING_SIZE_SIZE)

and that assert fail when I am using shared libraries under aix386 with:

    auxp->x_file.x_n.x_offset = 0 and
    STRING_SIZE_SIZE = 4

Does anybody have the same problem on other svr3 shared libraries ?
I seems that some of my shared libraries contains .file symbol with
a null symbol.  Can I just ignore those bogus .file symbols ?

Thanks,
Minh Tran-Le.
-------