gas and autoconf

I've converted the gas subdirectory to use autoconf.  I'm using
beta-test versions of autoconf 2.  The configure script in tonight's
snapshot (if it happens -- I *think* there will be enough disk space
tonight) was generated with autoconf 1.107.

The autoconf snapshots are available on alpha.gnu.ai.mit.edu; I've
also put a copy of 1.107 in ftp.cygnus.com:~ftp/private/gas.

The non-UNIX configurations will probably need some tweaking to get in
sync with this change.  Probably some changes will be needed for UNIX
systems too.  I'm aware of one problem with "const", which I'll be
looking into.

Please let me know of any other problems you encounter.