its completed.,

   From: Michael Meissner <meissner@osf.org>
   Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 09:52:18 -0400

   |   I don't think you want to add 16 bit support even if someone pays
   | you to do it.  The real issue is the binary format.  For object
   | modules, the format is something called OMF.  The executable program
   | format is something else.  I would guess that adding OMF to gas (and
   | all that bfd stuff) will take man-years.

   If somebody pays reasonably to get the work done, I would certainly
   consider doing it, providing I wasn't employed at the time.  Others
   would too.  I'm sure Cygnus would do it if the cost was enough.

   Adding a new object format can certainly be done.  It depends on what
   trickyness is in OMF.  If it doesn't require things that aren't
   already in BFD (such as shared library support), it would be
   straigtforward.  That's what BFD is for in the first place.  I also
   seem to recall there are gas ports to OMF floating around (pre-BFD).
   You might ask DJ Delorie (dj@ctron.com), if he isn't on the mailing
   list for thoughts, since he is closer to the MSDOS world than most of
   us UNIX-oids/GNU-oids are.