Re: problem with ld (i386-coff) leaving holes in the

|Ian Lance Taylor <ian@cygnus.com> wrote:
|
|   Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 19:47:36 PDT
|   From: Minh Tran-Le <TRANLE@intellicorp.com>
|
|   I made ld printout the section name and flags in the case it wants to
|   page align it.
|
|   section .text: flags 0x237
|   section .data: flags 0x247
|   section .comment: flags 0x10203
|   section .lib: flags 0x203
|
|Can you find out what SEC_LOAD and SEC_ALLOC are set for all the
|sections?  I don't see why they should be set for .comment or .lib.

Well looking at the function styp_to_sec_flags in coffcode.h it seems
that it is setting the section flags to SEC_LOAD|SEC_ALLOC (line 462)
for all styp_flags that it does not know about.

For i386-aix, the .comment sections have either an styp of either
0x0 or 0x200 and the .lib sections have an styp of 0x800. So the
function stype_to_sec_load will return for some of the .comment
sections and all the .lib the value 0x3 which is SEC_LOAD|SEC_ALLOC.

Maybe the function styp_to_sec_flags should not set the default
section flags to SEC_LOAD|SEC_ALLOC.

Minh Tran-Le.
-------