Re: Snapshots broken again??

   Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 12:25:31 EDT
   From: eric@tantalus.nrl.navy.mil (Eric Youngdale)

	   The two latest sets of daily diffs between the snapshots were only 20
   bytes - large enough for a compressed zero length file.  It would appear that
   some changes did indeed occur if you look at the sizes of the full
   distributions.

   -Eric

Yup.  The usual deal, you "fix" a bug then disappear for the weekend...
The snapshot script is a bit of a pain to debug; I'd planned on checking
its progress on Saturday after letting it run automatically one night.

I'm not sure what caused the zero-length *daily* diffs, but I fixed a
bug in some revised handling the weekly diffs, and my test run seems to
have generated both daily and weekly diffs okay.  I re-did today's
snapshot as part of the test, and I've manually build diffs from the
940709 snapshot.

The original changes to the weekly diffs were intended to avoid the
multi-week gap between them if the script failed to run to completion on
Tuesday, the one night they were getting made.  Now it ought to decide
based on the age, with a preference for Tuesday night.