Re: merging gas into binutils?

> A suggestion has been made to merge gas into the binutils package,
> meaning there'd be only one distribution.  It's an idea that's
> occurred to me before.

I doesn't really bother me to pick up two packages instead of
one.

What has been bothering me are the (configuration) inconsistencies
between the gas, binutils, and gdb packages.  At least the last time
I tried, the three packages seemed to not be very harmonious in how
they were configured.

BTW, This is not complaining.  You guys do a great job.

Brian Beuning