Re: frysk-core/frysk proc/BankRegister.java proc/C ...

Andrew Cagney wrote:
Phil Muldoon wrote:
Andrew,

I know this work is ongoing, so should I sit tight regarding the FIXME notifications? I'm not sure how to fix the gpr registers access. If it is work ongoing, I'll just wait until you give the signal with an explanation regarding how a Task accesses it's own registers.

The function to look at is Task.accessRegister(Register register,int offset, int length, byte[] buffer, int start, boolean write) which will does a direct/raw byte copy of the data into a buffer.

However, yes, perhaps hold off a little until I've got all the register code in frysk.proc resolved.
Andrew

Ok will do, will wait and see. As a rhetorical question, what is wrong with task.getSomeRegisterFunctionName("eax") as a general helper function? Why do I need to know (ptrace buffer?) offset and length to access a register? Is this because register access is being move to the task from the ISA? Just trying to get a sense of where this refactor is going.

Regards

Phil