This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Elix project.
From darkness of ignorance
- To: nickg at cygnus dot co dot uk, sehughes at zentropix dot com
- Subject: From darkness of ignorance
- From: "Bhushit Joshipura" <bhushit at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 05:09:22 GMT
- Cc: elix at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Please put me to right track for the following bunch of thoughts:
0. Till now it was embedded and if had an OS, it had to be RT
1. Then we had WindowCE and RT blurred
2. And there are more non-realtime, priority based OS's emerging: PalmOS is
one more to consider. Till now Palm has not gone 'out of hand' but may go
3. Thus 'embedded' is getting bigger than 'RT' and calls for precise lining.
Soon we will be engulfed with products which are embedded but not so much RT
So, you must feel OK with the following points:
0. RTOS are going to become (or HAVE become) part of embedded OS
1. API fixation of embedded OS thus have to consider 'slimming down' as
2. RT API will be just a special case of embedded API
In this light, may I now ask the question:
Which API standardization are we discussing in this group? Embedded or RT?
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com