Re: RTLinux workshop and EL/IX press coverage on EETimes

Nick and All,

I would like to suggest the POSIX.13 Realtime Profiles as a place to look for help
in determining the realtime as opposed to the non-realtime.  In fact, if the group
can formulate another profile, perhaps this should be brought to the PASC
commitee.  In the case that POSIX does not meet our needs, we should standardize
these calls (such as interrupts, etc...) and work to see their incorporation into
the POSIX specifications.

We at OAR are very excited about this new API and wish to provide our assistance
with its definition.  Our typical domain is in the deeply embedded and we have
accumulated a vast knowledge base on how an operating system is to play within
these confines.  We also realize that this operating system must "connect" to the
world through standards and other OSs such as standard Linux, NT and others.

An open standard allows for the PNP that everybody wishes.

Regards,

Mark Johannes
OAR Corporation