Re: Merged "sane" commits from mjw/dwarf_output to dwarf branch

As I mentioned before, a kludge special case for DW_AT_containing_type is
quite wrong.  It can be a clean special case for all direct self-reference.

I haven't reviewed the rest of the changes, just that was an obvious thing
to check.  When mentioning something that needs a look (the "really weird
bit"), please use a commit id (or gitweb URL with one) to indicate exactly
what change you are talking about.

In general, I'm sure it's fine to do these commits on the dwarf branch.  I
probably won't really review everything by default.  If you want me to look
at something in particular, be sure to ask.  But it's pretty much your baby
now.

Thanks,
Roland