Re: next tasks

Petr Machata wrote:
> Will commit something later today

Done that now.  It's on pmachata/reader_hooks branch, forked off master.

These "hooks" are currently simple global functions.  When you say
"hook", I get the idea of a client- or generally external-party-supplied
callback that that external party uses to fine-tune aspects of behaviour
of the library in question.  However that doesn't mix with your plan not
to introduce API changes.  I guess you will be able to comment on how
much and if at all my hooks fit into your plans.

PM