dwarflint

The foundation of the DWARF compression plan is new libdw code to write
DWARF from scratch.  It will be essential to have a tool that checks the
format for validity to go along with the development of the writing code.
As elflint is to ELF writing, so dwarflint will be to DWARF writing.

See https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/DwarfLint

I think it makes sense to get started on dwarflint immediately.  The
"structural" level checks do not have any prerequisites for new library
code or anything else.  Coding those is also an excellent way to bone up on
the lowest-level format structures in the DWARF spec, which we need to be
completely immersed in to build the writer.

I think the basic program with the essential structural checks on
.debug_abbrev and .debug_info encoding is just a couple days of work.
I'm thinking Petr can do it this week.  Petr?

I'll keep adding more detail to the wiki page, but I think the first draft
there now covers the basic lowest level .debug_info/.debug_abbrev checks
that should be done first.

Thanks,
Roland