Re: Fwd: ACTION REQUIRED: Important changes to Fedora translation workflow

Hi -

> >   % tx init [...]
>
> The [...] here was nonobvious to me.  That's what I had hoped you would
> elaborate on.
> >   % tx set [...] # to create a .tx/config file that should be
> >                  # git-pushed into the elfutils repo (may I?)
>
> You may if you have explained all the [...] details to us on this list in
> full

It's the standard recipe in the quoted web sites:

% tx init [enter]
% tx set --execute --auto-local -r elfutils.elfutilspot --source-lang en \
     -f po/elfutils.pot 'po/<lang>.po'

then hand-edit .tx/config to remove the en@quot and en@boldquot
pseudo-languages, resulting in this beauty:
-------------------------------------
[main]
host = https://www.transifex.net

[elfutils.elfutilspot]
file_filter = po/<lang>.po
source_file = po/elfutils.pot
source_lang = en
trans.de = po/de.po
trans.es = po/es.po
trans.fr = po/fr.po
trans.it = po/it.po
trans.ja = po/ja.po
trans.nl = po/nl.po
trans.pl = po/pl.po
trans.ru = po/ru.po
trans.uk = po/uk.po
trans.zh_CN = po/zh_CN.po
-------------------------------------

Finally:

tx push -s
ls po/*.po | grep -v @| cut -f2 -d/ | cut -f1 -d. | while read lang
do
  tx push -l $lang -t
done

> and you have first coordinated with Fedora Central about what the
> plans for migration from the old regime are.

It does not appear as though individual fedorahosted projects are to
be auto-migrated, so there seems to be no coordination to do.

- FChE