Re: [commit] [patch] Fix for PIE with both -e and --core in use

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:56:19 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> Updated.  But according to GNU Coding Standards some parameters/variables(?)
> are capitalized.  GDB sticks to the rule (IIRC by Daniel Jacobowitz) that
> variables as left lowercased but when referencing the value of a variable one
> uses its capitalized variable name.  When exactly GNU Coding Standards uses
> capitalized identifiers in the examples there is AFAIK not clarified there and
> it still remains a life mystery for me.

In fact it is there:
	The comment on a function is much clearer if you use the argument
	names to speak about the argument values. The variable name itself
	should be lower case, but write it in upper case when you are speaking
	about the value rather than the variable itself. Thus, “the inode
	number NODE_NUM” rather than “an inode”.

So I think I had the ChangeLog comments correct according to GCS before. :-)

Regards,
Jan