Re: [patch] T-stopped detach for RHEL-6 era kernels

Hi Jan,

On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 21:35 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> This patch somehow also belongs to the 'portable' branch but so far there is
> AFAIK an agreement RHEL-6 era kernels are recent enough they should still be
> supported by elfutils trunk.

This isn't as horrible a "hack". We already have code to detect whether
the process is stopped and all it does is use a different flag for
ptrace detach. Which seems harmless/ok even in the non-broken case. And
the 2.6.32 kernel is still in active maintenance and widely used (rhel6,
ubuntu LTS, debian squeeze). So we cannot really get rid of the stopped
detection anyway. If we could, then I would suggest it just for the
portable branch, but as it stands today there are too many systems out
there that need it. So please push, it does look good to me.

Thanks,

Mark