Re: pmachata/reader_hooks review

> Roland McGrath wrote:
> > * What is read_length for?  I don't think there can be any relocs in the
> >   DW_FORM_block* length fields.  What other use do you envision for it?
>
> Probably nothing.  I rolled it in when I've hit some length-related
> code, having remembered that you've mentioned length in one of the
> how-to emails that you had posted earlier.  I was mostly expecting it
> would turn out being useless, but left it for cross-checking with
> dwarflint.  I dropped it now.

Ok.  It doesn't hurt to have wrappers that indicate semantics like that
when they compile away to nothing, if it makes the code easier to
understand.  I just wanted to make sure we're clear on the (non)expectation
of relocs there.

> > * In dwarf_getlocation_addr, s/IDX_debug_info/IDX_debug_loc/.
>
> Do you mean s/IDX_debug_line/IDX_debug_loc/?  That's what I've done.  I
> think the debug_info is correct, but debug_line seem to be erroneous.

Yes, sorry.

> > * There are two cases of reading a begin/end pair of address_size words
>
> I created __libdw_read_begin_end_pair_inc with common bits of begin/end
> handling.  It doesn't use __libdw_read_address but instead uses
> READ_AND_RELOCATE macro directly, so that it knows whether the
> relocation was present or not (the macro was changed to provide that
> information to the caller).

I haven't reviewed that in detail yet, but it looks good off hand.

> Or is it necessary to have reloc processing directly in that method?  The
> way it's written now, it uses the same reloc hook as __libdw_read_address.

That's as it should be.

Thanks,
Roland