Re: dwarflint --stats

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 06:58:30PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> (Petr is on vacation, so it will most likely be at least a few weeks before
> anyone starts to work on this.)

Thanks, yeah, that's roughly what I'm looking for, something better than
counting the number of DW_AT_const_value and DW_AT_location attributes in
.debug_info section and .debug_loc sizes, because some changes might e.g.
make .debug_loc smaller, yet still result in better variable location
coverage, etc.  Also, such a tool would allow to quantitatively compare the
effect of -fvar-tracking-assignments or similar options on larger codebases,
so if anyone asks about the advantages of VTA, we can provide some nice
numbers.

The output can be either as some summaries percentage of vars with location,
percentage of coverage of code bytes where var is in scope, or could be e.g.
dumping all the vars (name, locus, size_of_scope_ranges,
size_of_ranges_where_it_has_valid_location, the same with mutable location)
one at a line, or something similar.

	Jakub