Re: dwarf_getsrc_file cross-platform issue

Note that your mailer mangled your patch.  It's not a problem since I could
still read it well enough to know I won't apply it. :-)  But you should get
that in order (and punt the HTML mail!) if you ever submit any real patches
for inclusion into anything.

I wasn't aware that ELF objects were ever used on Windows.

My first reaction is that this seems like a general issue for using any
Unix tools on data containing Windows file names, not particular to
elfutils, to DWARF, or even to compiled objects per se.  What other Unix
tools do you use on Windows file names, and what do you expect from them?

OTOH, the elfutils tools are meant in general to support cross-target uses
on ELF files from anywhere.  So I'd like to contemplate what we might do
here.  But, we won't uglify the tools much to handle this.

Can you pull out the comp_dir attributes from "eu-readelf --debug-dump=info"
and the directory and file name tables from "eu-readelf --debug-dump=line"
from some representative Windows ELF objects and show us what they look like?

I'm thinking it might be reasonable to look at the CU's comp_dir and/or
directory table to decide what model we think its directory and file names
use.

Thanks,
Roland