Status 2009-02-02

= Work done last week:

       * Time spent on elfutils: ~80%

       * Tweaks and small fixes, improving the logic in places.

       * First high-level check: ranges/aranges mismatch

       * Checking ranges in .debug_ranges and .debug_loc: that there is
a section for the range, the the range doesn't cross section boundaries,
that there are no overlaps (in .debug_ranges).  It originally also
checked .text coverage, but that's now turned off.

       * Validate REL/RELA sections (in isolation, without regard to
other sections).

= Work scheduled for this week:

       * Expected time spent on elfutils: 50-80%.

       * Relocations.  Some half-baked code is in the repository
already, but it's missing features and is probably buggy.  It's also
progressing slower than I'd like, the landscape is less familiar than I
thought it would be.  But I think I'll be able to get it done by tomorrow.

       * With a bit of luck, I may get around to start hacking on
expected-trees high level check.  (Planning this arbitrarily, because
Mark Wielaard asked me about the low-pc-less DW_TAG_label last week.)

       * Or maybe do a bit of C++ification, even though I would have to
fix a temporary solution for all the X-to-string tables.  But that's
really a quick routine task.

       * Still didn't get around to go through anomalies we've found,
leaving it for next coding-quota overrun.

PM