Re: Versioned symbols in elfutils and uClibc

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 03:29 +0300, Max Filippov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> wrote:
> > These kind of failures often indicate that the backend code couldn't
> > be loaded for the ELF file. Which architecture is this? What is the
> > ELF EM machine type of the file? Does ebl openbackend () find the correct
> > shared library to dlopen?
>
> It's Tensilica Xtensa, EM_XTENSA, 94.
> openbackend couldn't dlopen libebl_xtensa.so because
> there's no such file.

Aha. Yes, we don't have a backend for that architecture.
It shouldn't be too hard to write a backend for it. But it needs someone
who knows about the relocation types, special symbols, DWARF register
number mappings and ptrace/pt_regs setup to fully support. Let me know
if you would like to try and need some help.

> > This might be a testsuite bug.
> > I assume the configure check for __cxa_demangle failed because you
> > don't have libstdc++ installed. Then some tools will not be able to
> > demangle (C++) symbols. We should fix the test to SKIP in that case.
>
> Correct. After installing libstdc++ and rebuilding these two tests pass.

Great. I did just add two patches to SKIP these tests if the demangler
cannot be found and to print out recommended features for configure so
it is more clear when you configure elfutils in a not-recommended
setting.

Cheers,

Mark