Re: dwarflint versus data_member_location

> It might make sense to include some -m32 testcases on 64bit
> architectures.

Where we have "proper" test cases, i.e. small focused regression test
cases, we have exact test binaries stored (tests/testfile*.bz2).  So for
any known problem where it's feasible to gin up a trivial test file, we
just store examples of all widths and bytesexes and all hosts will test
all cross variants.

> BTW. There are some fixes missing from the origin/dwarf branch that help
> with building on newer systems (in particular commit b337b1).

Unfortunately, the pmachata/dwarflint branch has some cruft in its tree
that is confined to dwarflint.  Until that is removed so the branch only
touches dwarflint itself, we won't be able to merge it.  This is why it's
important to be disciplined in our use of topic branches.  Always fork a
branch freshly from the trunk, or freshly from the main dwarf branch, and
only work on one thing in each branch.

> Also note that on the branch srcdir == builddir builds are broken since
> src/dwarflint is a directory (so the executable cannot be placed there).

For a single program with many source files, it might be just as good to
make it a top-level subdirectory rather than a subdirectory of src/.
Uli is more likely to have an opinion about that than I am.

Thanks,
Roland