Re: PATCH: Add x32_corenote.c

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 05:48 -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> wrote:
> > I assume you didn't do this work under contract of Red Hat. We only
> > require a Signed-Off-By as described in the CONTRIBUTING file. There is
> > no transfer of copyright. So just add the Signed-off-by to the commit
> > when agreeing to the Developer's Certificate of Origin. And for each
> > file just add a copyright line mentioning who you did the work for e.g.
> > Copyright (C) 2015, Intel Corporation.
>
> Do we need "Copyright (C) 2015, Intel Corporation"?  Intel doesn't
> claim/have copyright on those files I added, especially those files
> I copied/modified from the existing ones.

Sorry, no. Indeed not necessary. If Intel doesn't claim copyright and
gives you the rights to publish under your own copyright then of course
feel free to do that. I just wanted to make sure that all that is
necessary is the Signed-off-by line for the commit and that no copyright
has to be assigned to another entity (Red Hat) for contributions to
elfutils.

Cheers,

Mark