https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/DwarfArchive

I've just added this wiki page with my thoughts off the cuff about the
"consolidated debug archive" idea I've had for a long time.  Edit it
as you see fit and ask here for any things you want clarified.  I'm
pretty sure I had some more specific thoughts about the format and
about implementation issues related to reading or writing it, but they
are not reading coming to mind right now.

I discussed this (without notes) with the Red Hat GDB team in Toronto
last October.  But neither Mark nor Petr was at that meeting as I
recall.  It's possible someone there took notes about what I said and
that there was something I described there that I've overlooked in
this write-up.

Thanks,
Roland