Re: dwarf branch

Roland McGrath wrote:
> I also added the dwarflint-self test.  It might break if you build without -g.
> We should probably give dwarflint an "ok if no DWARF at all" option and
> then use that in this test.

That's on the branch now.

> Petr, push directly on this branch for dwarflint changes unless you think
> they might need special caution beyond the normal (eventual) code review.
>
> (If you stop using an old personal branch and want to remove it from the
> server, you can do "git push origin :my/branch".)

Done that for pmachata/dwarflint.

Also, building dwarf branch on F9 gave me the following error:

In file included from ../../elfutils/src/dwarfcmp.cc:46:
../../elfutils/src/../libdw/c++/dwarf:489: error: declaration 'class
elfutils::dwarf::debug_info_entry::raw_attributes' does not declare anything

This is related to the following construct:
     typedef skipping_wrapper<class debug_info_entry::raw_attributes,
			     attribute, attribute, skip_sibling>
     attributes_base;

Namely to the "class debug_info_entry::raw_attributes" bit.  The "class"
keyword is necessary to disambiguate the class from the same-named
function, but gcc somehow doesn't get that.  I circumvented the problem
by typedef-ing the "class ..." bit and using the typedef instead.  That
this work-around works marks it as a suspect gcc bug, which is probably
fixed on your F10 (?).  The fix is on the branch.

Thanks,
PM