Re: 2009-08-11 Status

It sounds like you have done an amazing amount of great work here!
I still haven't reviewed your branch, and I'm still behind on mine.

You definitely don't want to merge any of my branches.  I'm going to
abandon them and use a squash commit when it's in a working state.
I hope I'll finally finish the circular refs construction case RSN,
and then I'll merge in.  After that if not during it, I think I'll do
another clean-up of the collector data structures that should make some
things a bit easier in the writer.  Then we can start merging your code.

For now, all refs will always be inside the same CU.  If you want to start
optimizing that case, that's fine (but you don't need to--the ref encoding
choice really doesn't matter for the moment).  Just leave the spot for a
future "we know this one must use ref_addr" case.

Thanks,
Roland