This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug tools/25077] unstrip bad handling of sh_entsize of the symver section
- From: "leftcopy.chx at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 06:17:21 +0000
- Subject: [Bug tools/25077] unstrip bad handling of sh_entsize of the symver section
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from leftcopy.chx at gmail dot com ---
Since this crashes occurs when calling `elf_update`, which resides in libelf, I
suppose this is a libelf library issue.
I'd suggest adding some documents to warn that it is the developers' duty to
ensure that the claimed symver size matches with the actual one, or better
resolves the size purely inside libelf code?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.