Re: unknown error after dwarf_cfi_addrframe()

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 07:25:28AM +0000, Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro wrote:
> Oh this is a whole new thing. How have this worked before without those .so? After downloading and compiling elfutils we only copy libdw and libelf.

The backends are only used for architecture specific ELF things.
Most of DWARF can be understood in an architecture independent way.
But CFI does have some arch specific things.

You should really use make install to get a proper installation,
not just copy some files. Otherwise you might indeed miss the
backends, or translations, etc.

Cheers,