This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] libebl: Allow SHT_NOTE as relocation target type.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:17:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libebl: Allow SHT_NOTE as relocation target type.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2018-02-21 at 16:36 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> eu-elflint uses ebl_check_reloc_target_type to determine whether a section
> is a valid relocation target. In Fedora rawhide there are new ELF notes
> (annobin) which have relocations against them in ET_REL files. eu-elflint
> currently flags these as invalid. It looks like that is not correct.
> I cannot find any reason an SHT_NOTE section cannot have relocations
> against it. So this patch allows them.
Nick agreed with me, so I pushed this to master.