This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Recognize new DWARF5 attribute forms.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:17:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Recognize new DWARF5 attribute forms.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2018-02-08 at 17:06 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> This just makes sure we know how the new forms are encoded.
> It doesn't yet handle them in the dwarf_form* functions.
> But it does make it possible to skip them when reading DWARF5.
> DW_FORM_implicit_const has zero size (the value is in the abbrev,
> not in the info). DW_FORM_addrx, DW_FORM_strx,
> DW_FORM_ref_sup and DW_FORM_data16 have constant size.
> DW_FORM_strp_sup and DW_FORM_line_strp are offset size.
> DW_FORM_addrx, DW_FORM_strx, DW_FORM_loclistx and DW_FORM_rnglistx
> encode a uleb128.
Pushed to master.