Re: Dwarf_FDE (libdw)

On Tue, 2017-07-18 at 16:50 +0000, Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro wrote:
> From: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
>> The thing is I need to get catch blocks, and eh_frame is not exactly
>> > Dwarf format. That's why I need FDE augmentation data also.
>> > Libdw doesn't do this, am I correct?
>>
>> libdw handles both .debug_frame and .eh_frame data.
>> And you can use the Dwarf_Frames to unwind.
>> I believe the only thing not directly exposed are the lsda and
>> personality pointers. Is that the functionality that you need for
>> "catch blocks"?
>
> Are you thinking in exposing them?

I am thinking about it. But we don't currently store them. So we would
have reparse them. And since I haven't used them myself I am not sure
what they best way is to expose them. Are you currently using
Dwarf_Frames or Dwarf_CFI_Entry? Could you show some code that uses the
CFI with personality routines and lsda?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. Please don't top-post. It makes it really hard to see the context.
P.P.S. Please don't add HTML to your postings. The mailinglist will drop
such messages.