Re: pending patches

Hi Ulf,

On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 13:26 +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> My problem right now is that I have about 50 more patches pending
> locally and I will be gone from May 12th to sometime in August. So, I
> probably won't manage to post and fix all of them here before autumn.
> Yet, I still need them for the Qt Creator (and perfparser) 4.4
> release, for which the feature freeze will happen when I'm gone.

Sorry about that. Seems I planned the 0.169 release somewhat
inconvenient for you. But I don't think we would have many more patches
in if we had waited a week.

> To deal with this, right now I have a fork of elfutils at
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/elfutils.git/ which receives the
> patches before they get here. This is not great and I want to merge it
> eventually, but I can't clone myself.

It looks like you have a nice setup already. But if it would be helpful
to have a user branch on sourceware.org then please follow the steps in
CONTRIBUTING on how to become a committer. Then even if we don't
integrate all your patches in master it will look more like an "official
fork" to support a Windows build.

Cheers,