This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: PPP: Negotiate both primary and secondary/alternative DNS resolvers
- From: daniel dot neri at sigicom dot com (Daniel Néri)
- To: ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:42:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: PPP: Negotiate both primary and secondary/alternative DNS resolvers
- Cancel-lock: sha1:veuQrcm4Pi49pWWoFLHHy7uw/WA=
- Organization: Sigicom AB, Stockholm, Sweden
- References: <email@example.com> <20080428174921.GD9097@lunn.ch>
Andrew Lunn <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Since the DNS resolver only supports one DNS server, what is this good
I'm using another resolver, which supports multiple server addresses.
The secondary address is provided by cyg_ppp_get_neg_addrs, in the
"alt_dns" field of the cyg_ppp_neg_addrs_t struct. With the current
sources, that field never gets a value that's of any use.
Daniel Néri <email@example.com>
Sigicom AB, Stockholm, Sweden