This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: all template updated and various compiler warning fixes
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: John Dallaway <jld at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:28:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: all template updated and various compiler warning fixes
- References: <20041005075951.GS7625@lunn.ch> <41986A4A.email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 08:35:22AM +0000, John Dallaway wrote:
> Hi Andrew
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >I've added more packages to the all template. In the process i found
> >some packages are missing requires statements and i fixed a few
> >compiler warning.
> [ snip ]
> >+ package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_CF current ;
> >+ package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_NS_DP83902A current ;
> The above are hardware packages and should not be included in any
> software template. They are referenced in the relevant target
> definitions in ecos.db (aka "hardware templates"). Could you fix please?
Humm, maybe the hardware property should be removed for
CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_CF. The package itself does not depend on hardware. It
only depends on the PCMCIA support. A similar situation exists for
CYGPKG_IO_USB_SLAVE_ETH, which depends on
CYGPKG_IO_USB_SLAVE. CYGPKG_IO_USB_SLAVE_ETH is not a hardware
package. There is even a comment in ecos.db saying its not clear if
this should be a hardware package or not.
You also missed some others which should be removed because they are
CYGPKG_IO_USB, CYGPKG_IO_USB_SLAVE, CYGPKG_IO_PCI, CYGPKG_IO_SPI.
I've removed these from the template.