Re: Getting Atmel AT91SAM9 into eCos

[ snip good stuff from Sergei ]

On 09/03/10 02:00, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

> I'm sorry, I have no answer on the John's "far-reaching" question the
> below, but, IMO "ARM9 v2" branch under CVS control can take the same
> long period as "FLASH v2" took the time under CVS before that was merged
> with mainstream.

One of the main difficulties there was directly because of CVS. The
trunk had moved on (particularly in RedBoot's flash support), so there
was a lot of overhead to merging.

These merge headaches would be much less with a modern VCS, so it won't
be as scary to merge. Which is a big reason why people kept putting it off.

> Let's get even first experimental trunk of eCos under
> DVCS. It is important that with distributed VCS of eCos we would
> collaborate with contributors more effectively. Well, this is my
> look/feel only.

Clearly you're keen on distributed :-). I agree, but we'll discuss
elsewhere. I'll try and get a mail out today.

Jifl