This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Contribution of a DHCP server (µDHCP)port to eCOS
- From: sebastien Couret <sebastien dot couret at elios-informatique dot fr>
- To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- Cc: ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:44:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Contribution of a DHCP server (µDHCP)port to eCOS
- Organization: Elios Informatique
- References: <MELELIOS1IM9QX2CTp2000000ea@melelios.dmz.elios-informatique.fr> <412D010D.60603@eCosCentric.com>
- Reply-to: sebastien dot couret at elios-informatique dot fr
Hello Jonathan,(and maintainers)
I'm sorry but i'm not a lawyer and licencing issues are a bit tricky.
As U say "the eCos license, which is GPL plus a special
exception." . if I had well understood this exception is that you can link
your own code with an eCOS library and your own code will stay under your
property. (With GPL, your code also becomes GPL ...) Is that it ?
I have tried to obtain a written agreement of all contributors of µDHCP to
cahnge GPL to the eCOS licence but many emails are now broken and one of them
had strictly refused.
So I think the best thing I could do is to release it under GPL.
I was also unaware of the FreeBSD licensing clause, If I had understood you
have a solution if U can convinced Mr Niels Provos of changing his terms.
Am I right ?
Could you send me templates of what u call a "copyrigth assignement" and
"copyright disclaimer" ?
I'm the only contributor for the changes needed by the port so I will fill
Thanks for all your good work.