Re: Re: ecos project still alive?

On 23/06/17 16:41, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2017-06-23, 15802542327 <15802542327@126.com> wrote:
>
>> last update has been than 2 years. is this project still alive?
> That depends on your definition of "alive".  It isn't really being
> actively developed.  I wouldn't use it for a new project, but it still
> works well enough that I'm not looking to port my product firmware to
> a different RTOS.

I strongly disagree - it is being continually developed.  eCos forms
part of eCosPro and both are continually being developed with new
targets, platforms and functionality routinely being developed and
added.  eCosPro 4.0 was released last year and eCosPro 4.1 will be
released shortly (already shipping beta to specific customers).

I fully accept that the public version of eCos has suffered from a
distinct lack of contributions - eCosCentric have always been the major
contributors but decided for various reasons to take a passive role a
couple of years back and concentrate more on its own product, eCosPro.
Should we ever decide to contribute or branch (there are significant
enhancements which may warrant it), the public version of eCos would
receive a big boost, but these features are already available to our
customers.

--

Alex Schuilenburg

Managing Director/CEO                                    eCosCentric Limited
Tel: +44 1223 245571                          Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive
Fax: +44 1223 248712                                  Cambridge, CB5 8UU, UK
www.ecoscentric.com                 Reg in England and Wales, Reg No 4422071