Re: CYGPKG_OBJLOADER vs CYGPKG_LOADER

Hi Leonardo

On 17/05/13 19:53, Leonardo Passos wrote:

> I would like to understand the difference between CYGPKG_OBJLOADER and
> CYGPKG_LOADER, as their description in the CDL script are similar, and
> the eCos reference manual does not provide further insights.

The following link provides some useful historical insight:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-06/msg00060.html

CYGPKG_LOADER provides a dynamic library loader (loading of .so files).
This is experimental code and has not been touched for many years. Ref:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ecos/packages/services/loader/current/docs/notes.txt?rev=1&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=ecos

CYGPKG_OBJLOADER provides an object file loader (loading of .o files).
This is more recent code that is in current use and should be functional
on the target architectures for which a relocator has been implemented
(ARM, i386, PowerPC). Ref:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ecos/packages/services/objloader/current/doc/notes.txt?rev=1&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=ecos

I hope this helps.

John Dallaway