Re: Fwd: eCos arm-eabi GNU tools - test release 4.6.3-20120623

Hi Ilija,

On 2012-06-26 12:44, Ilija Kocho wrote:
> Hi Alex
>
> As announced by John we have new test release of the GNU tools. This
> release fixes the issues found in previous test releases in both GCC and
> GDB so we can continue with testing.
> Therefore I would ask you to put it on eCosCentric test farm. The
> details for download and installation are below.

The 4.6.3-20120623 arm tools are now in the farm running on the stm3210e
eval board and lpc2468.  Actually, I had the lpc2468 start in the farm a
while ago but failed to monitor the results - they were all timing out
because the old anoncvs redboot I built in March 2012 is now
incompatible with the current anoncvs. Obviously RedBoot is now updated.

One big issue is that the ustl permutation fails with every test on the
lpc2468 for both arm and thumb. The tests fail to start  - they either
dont hit the cyg_test_init breakpoint or they fail with SIGBUS or, if
they do hit cyg_test_start, they crash and burn afterwards with another
SIGBUS.  I have terminated all ustl tests for the lp2468 as a result as
they simply slow things down.  Unfortunately, excluding the ustl
failures, the failure rate is currently 13 out of 484 tests run so far.
I'll post a more complete list when it has run 5000 or more tests.

The stm3210e is faring a lot better. 1113 tests run so far and only 6
failures: ustl tests that have failed so far are bvt05, bvt13, bvt17 and
sprintf2.  Both testintr and kexcept1 are failing in other perms as before.

-- Alex