Re: eCos in virtual environment (eCos run on QEMU ARM?)

On 2012-07-17, Eduardo Fernandes de Conto <eduardoconto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> For my internship, we are trying to port/run eCos on a virtual
> environment (RABBITS) we used here that is based on QEMU and simulates
> an MPSoC with the ARM architecture (You may find for information here:
> http://tima-sls.imag.fr/www/research/rabbits/). I have I couple of
> questions that I would be pleased if someone is able to answer to:
>
> - Has someone successfully ran eCos with QEMU simulating the ARM
> architecture?

I believe eCos has been run on Qemu emulating a Samsung S3C2440 board:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.ecos.general/28091
 http://emboslab.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/emboslab/ecos-emboslab/summary

This page says they run eCos on Qemu emulating a Stellaris EKK-LM3S811
board:

 http://www.open-etech.com/RTOS/Debugging/index.php?page=qemu

Another simulator that might be worth looking at is skyeye

 http://www.skyeye.org/index.shtml

Which according to the page below can run eCos

 http://atomicarm.blogspot.com/2010/01/skyeye-project.html

This page shows running RedBoot on the skyeye simulator which seems to
be emulating some sort of Atmel ARM7 board:

 http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/skyeye/wiki/RedBoot

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Yes, but will I
                                  at               see the EASTER BUNNY in